Monday, December 24, 2007

my husband's an ass

second day of IUI. after 2 plus hours in the waiting room we were both getting restless. finally get called in and he has to play with everything in the room...the computer and the medical supplies. he can't just sit there like a normal person. so ya, he's stressing me out. i ask him to stop and sit still and he storms out of the room. goes to smoke another freaking cigarette. what the hell kind of support is this? am i out of my mind? then we get into the car and he refuses to let me drive (i beat him to the driver's seat). so what does he do...he threatens to take a train if i don't let him. are you freaking kidding me? he's done it before so i give up the driver's seat so he can have his way. i must be insane. with my thin lining and the unhappiness he puts me thru, there's no way this worked. maybe it's for the best.

5 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I'm sorry you had a rough day. I hope tomorrow is better.

I_Sell_Books said...

It kind of sounds like he's being, besides an ass, a guy. Y'know, gods forbid he should express any feeling other than anger/frustration/blahblah. If he can't fix it he'll just act like a two year old having a tantrum.

Of course, you're the one who lives with him, so only you know if this is just a blip or regular behavior or what. I hope tomorrow is better, no matter what, though.

Meghan said...

Sorry he was such a jerk. I would be livid if DH was outside during the procedure. I know it's stupid but I at least want him in the same room as me.

Aside from all that, hope it went well. And good luck with the wait!

Malky B. said...

My husband rarely comes with me to any of my doc appointments. I think in some ways it's best that way. Men have zero patience for waiting and they always have to be doing something. Does he have a blackberry/iphone,etc? That could at least keep his hands/mind busy while he's bored. I think women are just born with more patience, that's why we're the moms! Don't be discouraged. This whole process is stressful for everyone. He's just being a typical male.

Michele said...

I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience. When I had the miscarraige, my husband was a big jerk as well. I don't think it's all "real" to them until they see signs of pregnancy. So something that is a HUGE deal to us, miscarraige, IUI, etc., it not nearly as big to them as say football. I know it's sad but men can really be big jerks. Try to stay calm and focused on you. Let him take care of himself.