Friday, November 30, 2007

Back to the Baby Factory

So I had a blood test and ultrasound again today. Anna messed up and couldn't get any blood flowing so she had to prick me twice. I won't hold it against her, she felt really bad. I am pleased with my doctor's enthusiasm during my ultrasound. She said it looks as if I had two follicles and now I currently have a huge cyst on one of my ovaries, but apparently this is good news. She said the cyst is twice as large as my ovary. Oh, and my lining is thick and there's a good blood supply. I don't really know what all this means since she doesn't have time for questions (they never do) because it's a baby factory and there is a waiting room full of eager women. My nurse will hopefully be able to shed some light when she calls this afternoon. Meanwhile she said no sex or exercise until my pregnancy test on December 11th and to be quite honest, going without sex or exercise suits me fine.

2 comments:

nancy said...

I make cysts, but very unfortunately - I don't ovulate. It's the follicles themselves that turn into cysts.

But what I can tell you is if you get pregnant, yahoo, cyst will decrease and that's that. But if it doesn't happen, you'll hav to wait until cyst is gone before you can try again. For me, this entails 4-8 weeks of birth control pills to chill my ovaries out. Hopefully this won't be the case for you though.

So wait wait wiat. ~good luck~!!!

HereWeGoAJen said...

Maybe it was the cyst that was causing your ovary pain. I've had cysts and I can absolutely feel them. Mine usually go away on their own though, which is nice.