Sunday, November 25, 2007

Going Home is Never a Vacation

I'm writing this in the hopes that it will serve as a reminder the next time I want to go home for vacation. Going home is never a vacation. My G-d, I know every family has it's craziness but between mine and my husband's...what the hell are we thinking subjecting ourselves to this? They say that the definition of crazy is continuing to do something over again and expecting a different outcome. Why can't we ever learn? From now on, I'll go to see my family, he'll go to see his and when we want a true vacation, we'll blow them all off and go away, just the two of us.

We are finally talking again, but it has taken us over 24 hours. It's not really fair that we blame each other for how our families behave. And it's back to work tomorrow, so we haven't even had a chance to relax. We need a vacation from our vacation.

Meanwhile, I've been peeing on the damn stick again for over a week and still no happy face. If I don't see one soon I'm going to lose my mind.

1 comment:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I always come home thinking I need a vacation from vacation.