Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Just Waiting Now

So now I guess I just wait. I have a blood test on Friday to check the level of something...I guess I should start paying more attention to whatever it is they are monitoring. Then on Dec. 11th I take a pregnancy test. In between, I guess I just wait some more. I don't have anything else to say...I just can't stand waiting and I know I have very little reason for optimism. 20- 25% chance of success is what I read. I dislike percentages as much as I dislike waiting.

In my other life...I taught a class last night and my teenage students asked me if I have ever smoked a cigarette or done drugs. I did not hesitate with my answer...I lied. What should one say when kids ask such questions?

I dislike lying too.

2 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I used to lie to my elementary school students all the time when they asked such questions. They were more gullible that teenagers though. They believed me when I said that I had taken the classroom fish to the vet and that he would be back the next day safe and sound.

Your percentage sounds pretty good to me. I think 20% per cycle is what "normal" people have when trying without doctors involved.

Unknown said...

I used to teach teenagers, and I lied too. But when I needed to talk about these experiences (drugs or smoking) in order to make a point, I always used stories about my friends. That way it seemed like I was sharing something personal with them, but it did not reflect on me.