Friday, November 16, 2007

Going Home and the Elusive Happy Face

I've decided to go home for Thanksgiving after all and blow off this clomid cycle. Well, I'm still actually taking the clomid for the five days but I will miss the ultrasound determining how many follicles I have and I won't get the injection (novarel i think it's called) and of course I won't get the insemination. I do hope to try getting pregnant the old fashion way though it might be a little uncomfortable since we'll be staying with our folks. How amazing would that be if it just worked and we returned, took a pregnancy test and were done with the whole mess?!!

Does a woman with PCOS stand a chance getting pregnant with just the clomid? And what if I've got many mature follicles? Is this crazy to attempt without knowing the number of follicles? I reiterate...I don't want six at once.

I peed on the ovulation stick for seven weeks. By week six I would cry ever time I got the results. My body just refused to ovulate and by week seven I was so unstable after my results I decided that I would never use them again. My doctor was very sympathetic. Freaking happy face! I never ever saw it. So since we will be going home, my doctor has encouraged me to try the test again around day 10 in the absence of the ultrasound. I guess I've got no choice.

1 comment:

JJ said...

Hope you have a great holiday with your family. I dont know too much about the clomid--but I hope that its a lucky natural cycle=)
Im so sorry I scared the daylights out of you with my post...wasnt meant to scare--just one of those crap things that happens...
Many happy holiday wishes to you!