Wednesday, November 14, 2007

My Sanctuary

I don't have to be at work today until lunch time so you can imagine how annoyed I was at 5:20 when I finally realized I was never going to fall back to sleep. I had a thought though, and then I read another blog which really made me think more about it...

I'm looking around the waiting room and there are all types. There are head coverings- Muslims and Jews. There are Indians, African-Americans etc...you get the idea. So I started trying to think of other places where people of so many different ethnicities and religions unite in a room and share a prayer. I know it sounds a bit hokey, hug the world, save a tree blah blah blah. But I started thinking about the walls and then the building and the celestial beings that occupy the space and how we all radiate this hopeful energy. Whatever you believe...Maybe my ancestors are waiting in that room with me or the soul of my unborn child. Maybe they are all there hovering over our heads waiting for the time to be right.

Maybe I'm just really tired.

1 comment:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I think that's nice. Maybe all the different prayers help each other out.