Friday, January 11, 2008

Pregnant Friend and My Temporary Tattoo

I had lunch with a good friend today and she informed me she's pregnant. I started crying, and not because I was happy for her. It's not that I'm not happy for her, but she hasn't even been trying. I felt bad for crying, but I couldn't control it. Then I made the blunder in calling my husband for support only to hear that I have no reason to be sad. Why don't I know better than to call him?

I'm two seconds away from requesting a new nurse. The witch called me today and told me that from now on I must write down what she says b/c I obviously don't listen to her. Listen to her?...she can't spare five minutes to speak with me and she gets annoyed when I ask her questions. Bitch.

Oh and best part of the day... I forgot that I put a temporary Jewish star tattoo on my arm the other day for a class lesson. When I went to give blood today I saw it and freaked. Suddenly I had flashbacks to my high school days and all the anti-Semitic crap I went thru. I could just imagine the nurse taking one look at it and coming to all kinds of conclusions about me so I switched to my right arm quickly before she found out my secret. I never ever give blood from my right arm because they have trouble finding a vein. Needless to say I have a huge bruise now. At least she doesn't know I'm a Jew. (kidding...well, sort of).

4 comments:

I_Sell_Books said...

Perhaps writing down 'YOU ARE A BITCH' and leaving that on the nurse's desk would help? After all, you're but following her suggestion...

I'm sorry about the driveby...those suck.

Trying said...

Sorry, it sounds like you had a tough week. I also think you need to switch centers. In your profile, it says you're on the east coast. My wife and I know most of the good centers there, having looked into them ourselves. Are you in the NYC area? We can recommend some good centers, where they're really nice.

Trying said...

If you don't mind dragging out to Northern NJ, you can try this center: http://www.center4ivf.com/index.htm
They really are unbelievable. They have fantastic customer service, they are really caring, and are all the nicest people in the world. If you want more info, I'd love to share it with you, but I don't know how to get in touch with you privately through here.

Michele said...

When I got pregnant the first time, it was easy for me. I think I got pregnant on my wedding night and I used to brag about how fast it happened all the time. That was before I realized what an idiot I was being and how insentive my remarks were. That was before I realized all ages and shapes and sizes of women have trouble getting pregnant. Then I started a prayer list for all the women who reminded me what an insensitive jerk I was being. So don't be too hard on your friend. I just don't think she realizes how awful it can be to not be able to get pregnant. You don't know unless you go through it. And in the meantime, I'll add you to my prayer list : ) I should have done that a long time ago.