Friday, January 4, 2008

No Audience Please

I just came from my doctor. I made an appointment yesterday because I had this perpetual feeling I needed to pee all day. (Oh, maybe I should warn you this might be too much information). I was going every 45 minutes and it was never satisfying and on top of everything...I had an odor. I won't elaborate. I figured I had a urinary tract infection or something so I called to ask if I should see my gyno or my RE and they told me to come in this morning. Peed in a cup and then they did an ultrasound. The doc said everything looks fine, I'll find out about my pee later when the nurse calls with the results. What ticks me off...(I know, here she goes again) is that I had three people in my examination room today. Three people in the room the size of a bathroom. So when the doctor asked me to describe the odor, I said it's a bit difficult to do with such a large audience. Are you kidding me? Hey doctor...why don't you tell me how your penis smells? Oh, and wait, let me get my friends in here first. Am I over-reacting?

4 comments:

Meghan said...

Sucks how we have to check our pride at the door for all these appointments

HereWeGoAJen said...

I hate doctor's visits.

I_Sell_Books said...

Okay, but what does it smell like? Apart from garlic and asparagus and ovulation, I've noticed a couple of times that when I eat beef I smell funny afterwards. No idea why, though.

Overall, though, meh.

Michele said...

It's true ... we do have to check our pride at the door. I usually just let it all hang out in the doctor's office. I figure they've seen and heard it all so not much I can do will shock them. I wonder what's up with you though ... do you think? Is it possible? Are you pregnant???