Friday, February 8, 2008

UGGGGHHHH

Warning...I'm going to bitch a lot. So I'm just miserable. I stopped taking the birth control pill and immediately got my period but not before crying for 2 consecutive hours for no reason. I wasn't thinking about anything, I just couldn't stop the tears. My husband thinks I'm nuts.

I hate my nurse and my financial person. They both suck! Why are they so mean to me? I forgot to take my half a pill on Wednesday nite. (I've no clue what it's for, but I take it twice a week). So when I realized this morning I hadn't taken it, I freaked and cried again.

I'm too stressed to get pregnant.

My husband read an article in the paper about acupuncture this morning and called to say I needed to do this immediately. I just made two appointments, but my retrieval might fall on the day of the second appointment so it might not happen. Will one appointment do the trick? Really, more needles in me. I'm afraid I'll start leaking soon from all the punctures in my body.

I read this great blog yesterday by claire...it was so calming and wise. She says that in order to conceive one must be ready to accept the new soul and that one has to act like an adult during this process. I'm not summing it up well, but I'm going to go read it again and try to start my morning over.

5 comments:

Jendeis said...

I'm sorry that you're having such a stressful time. I just read that link that Super Ovum wrote and it sounds right on the money. I think you are right. Take some deep breaths and start the day again. Hang in there!

Michele said...

My OB/GYN also recommended acupuncture several months ago so I scheduled an appointment with this Asian lady that one of my OB other patients used. The first appointment took about 2 hours because we did a lot of talking about my situation first, then acpuncture and then she prescribed this nasty tasting tea that I had to drink two times per day. She said I'd need to come once per week for 6 months to see any results. I made it through two or three sessions before I threw in the towel. It was costing me about $150 a visit and when I was driving back to work after the last visit, I just had this flash of, "this isn't going to work for me." So I called and cancelled my appointments and never went back. Honestly, I have no idea if it works but my advice is find an acpuncturist that you really, really like and trust and also one that won't charge you out the you know what. And if it doesn't feel right for you, give it up and find something else. I think I've probably already sent this to you but there is a web site called Pulling Down the Moon. It's for a yoga for fertility studio in Chicago and they sell a DVD that is great. I used it any chance I get and it's wonderful for relaxation ... and a lot cheaper than acpuncture.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for referencing my blog! Hang in there. No doubt this is a really tough process and the hormones make you crazy. BCPs made me very emotional. Acupuncture will really help you calm down, even if you just have one appointment. I've been doing it for over 2 years. My acupuncturist said to me during this cycle, "you poor pincushion you", and I thought, "I am not a pincushion". It's all about attitude, but it can be challenging to have a good attitude when you are doing something new, big, and scary and the hormones are whacking you out. Try finding a meditation CD to help you. I still have to do that when I'm freaking out.

Nicole Brady said...

If you feel like you're going insane, I'm guessing you're still on the Lupron. I wish I had some advice for you about the acupuncture, but I honestly have never tried it. Our business partners were from Hong Kong so we were used to the advice, but I just wasn't ready for another mental hurdle to overcome.

Hoping things turn your way soon... tell your husband to hang in there!

Michele said...

I'm so glad you are getting the yoga video. I've really loved it. I'm with you. I too wish I lived in Chicago. I often thought of opening a yoga for fertility studio in Dallas. Good luck and let me know how the yoga goes.