Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Our Crazy Genes

We went for the genetic counseling which was interesting, but all we really learned is that both my husband and I have a lot of unstable people in our family. (A few were institutionalized). It appears we don't have much else to worry about other than our child will eventually need some kind of regular medication like zoloft, prozac or retilin...it seems our entire extended family is medicated. If that's the worst thing, bring it on.

We did discover that the my nurse missed a Jewish test. There are 11 apparently and I was not tested for glycogen storage disease. Now I've got to go back for yet another blood test but the problem is it takes several weeks to get the results and I don't want to delay the retrieval. I think I want to blow it off at this point...I mean what are the chances both my husband and I are carriers? But he won't have it...he wants the test done. So fine, I'm going Friday morning.

Other than that, I've gotten used to the shots in my stomach. Can't believe I'm saying that but I have. I don't watch, I mean I still can't look at the needle. I guess the new fat around my middle makes it easier. (I had to stop working out months ago at my doctor's orders).

The biggest stress I'm dealing with is work. My contract is up for renewal and I've got to get it before I'm showing. And if they decide not to renew my contract, I've got to interview and find another job before I start showing. I know, I'm being extremely optimistic here (my husband would tell me not to speak like this), but we can't afford for me to be out of work. Of course, I'd love nothing more than to stay home and raise a baby. Maybe in my next life.

1 comment:

Trying said...

I understand your concern about your job. However, I believe that by law, they can't not renew your contract if you're pregnant. If they tell you to leave because of a pregnancy, I think you can actually sue them.