Monday, February 11, 2008

Day 3 and Acupuncture

I had my blood test and ultrasound this morning. The doctor didn't say much, just that it looked good and he saw what he expected to see. Ok. So tonight I start the Follistin injections at 225 units and reduce the Lupron to 5 units. My husband started his antibiotics too. I think that's everything if I understand correctly. Then on Thursday I go back for another blood test and ultrasound.

Went for acupuncture today. It was not exactly what I expected. I was so exhausted from so little sleep last night and getting up at 6 this morning for the ultrasound and blood work- that I really couldn't expend any energy on worrying about the appointment. It was completely not my style, but I arrived at the appointment worry free. If only I could have that kind of composure every day...I'm a nervous nelly.

Anyway, the only thing that threw me off was that the guy was so young and attractive. It's hard enough talking to a stranger about your bowel movements, but it's more challenging when all you can think is wow...this guy is hot. I was honest however, after all I really need for this to be affective. The needles didn't hurt, the experience was totally relaxing and I actually fell asleep. I have another appointment next week. Meanwhile he gave me suggestions as to how I can get my Xi or Chi in balance. He kept saying that word...not sure what it means, but apparently if I start eating more beef, yams and herring I'll be better off. My liver is off and it's causing my spleen to be off too and I have extra fluids that are causing my PCOS. Interesting stuff, but I'm not sure I buy it.

1 comment:

Jendeis said...

The closest that I can come to explaning Chi is that it is kind of like "life force". Chi is part of every thing, and when it is not in balance, problems result.