Monday, February 18, 2008

Retrieval

My retrieval is on Wednesday. There were some big follicles today so I'm feeling good but I'm waiting to hear back from the nurse regarding how many there are and how big they are. Tonight we stop the two injections and do the ovidrel, I think that's what it's called. Tomorrow I go back for another ultra sound and blood work. Then I fast and show up again Wednesday at 9:00 am for the retrieval. That's all. I'm very nervous but trying to envision a positive outcome.

5 comments:

Trying said...

Don't worry about it! My wife's been through 4 retrievals already, and she says they're not that big of a deal. Just make sure you relax for the rest of the day. Get some ice cream for afterwards, my wife always liked that (except, of course, she wanted frozen yogurt, not ice cream)

Michele said...

I'll be sending extra positive thoughts your way on Wednesday. I honestly have no idea what any of this means but I'm so hopeful that this will work for you the first time. Hang in there.

Rebecca said...

Sounds good...take it easy after the retrieval and try to think positive thoughts...good luck.

Nicole Brady said...

Sending positive thoughts too - just in case you don't have enough. :)

Meghan said...

Good luck tomorrow!!