Sunday, February 17, 2008

Stupid Questions

I had an ultrasound and blood work on Friday. The doctor told the assistant on the computer that I have three follicles at 11 on the left side. Then she continued to measure and kept saying a number minus a number. I'm guessing that means there were follicles too small to measure. She'd say something like 8 minus 12. Does anyone know what this means?

I am not supposed to ask the doctor questions; I have to wait for my nurse to call...so I waited. She told me that I had 7 larger follicles on the left and a bunch of small follicles on the right. I'm going back tomorrow for another ultrasound and blood work. The tentative date for the removal or transfer...whatever they call it, of my eggs will be around the 20th.

If I do more injections on my right side will that help the others catch up? I'm guessing no and that this a seriously stupid question, so that's why I'm asking you and not the nurse.

2 comments:

Nicole Brady said...

Where you give yourself the injection has no impact on where the follicles grow. I can't answer about the "minus" question because I don't recall that. And, frankly, my doctor encouraged questions so if I was ever curious, I asked her.

Trying said...

Nicole's right - where you inject it makes no difference. My wife always had more follicles on one side.
Taking out the eggs is called the retrieval. Putting them back in is the transfer.
Oh, and one more thing: there are no stupid questions. It's your first time, of course there's plenty you don't know. Don't be ashamed of it.