Sunday, May 11, 2008

chicken pot pie and vanilla ice cream

the morning sickness came late today...around 2:00. nothing appeals except chicken pot pie and vanilla ice cream. i haven't had chicken pot pie in years so i'm not sure where this craving is coming from. i had a hamburger yesterday...red meat. i don't do that very often but i'm trying to satisfy whatever craving i get since the thought of most food makes me want to puke.

my MIL keeps calling and asking for an update. she was here the day of the transfer three weeks ago so she is expecting news. i had not wanted anyone to know, as i've explained multiple times, but she was in my house that day...here's how it went down.

my in-laws were in town visiting over passover. at the seder, they got a call from overseas and my FIL had to make immediate arrangements to fly the next day. long story short...my FIL didn't have his passport with him since he had not anticipated flying overseas, so my husband agreed to fly across the country to pick up the passport and fly back to the east coast...all in one day. This way my FIL wouldn't kill himself flying to get the passport and then catching a 10 hour flight overseas. My husband left early the next morning and several hours later I got the call for the transfer. We were really hoping for a five day transfer but it was three and my husband was on a plane. oh well.

anyway, I had 45 minutes to get to the doctor so I was rushing around. I told my in-laws I had to go to the clinic but I didn't explain why. upon my return, I just wanted to get into bed, put my feet up, relax and focus on my embryos implanting. however my SIL and her family soon arrived and I had two little ones running around my very small apartment chasing our cat. then my SIL decided she wanted to shower and then bathe the kids. then they all had to eat of course. and the whole time I was trying to lay low, not wanting to explain anything but fearing they would interpret my behavior as rude. it was insane...i mean the house was a total zoo on the one day i just needed to chill out. and the worst part was that my husband wasn't there. i had gone thru the whole thing alone, only to return to a house full of his family. it worked out so i shouldn't complain. so i had a pile of wet towels, mcdonalds wrappers and chaos everwhere...but the thing that really bothered me was that they didn't wait on me...they knew i went thru something yet, they didn't bring me lunch in bed or anything. i didn't ask though but still, wouldn't you have offered?

so my MIL calls every day for the results. she even asked my mom if she knew anything and boy did my mom give it to her...she told her that when i have something to tell them i will tell them. my mom doesn't have a whole lot of patience for my MIL

5 comments:

Denise said...

Wow. What a crazy transfer day! I'm glad it all worked out though. Would it be bad to just tell your MIL it didn't work to get her off your back for awhile?

Supermom said...

hi denise...i'm just so afraid something will go wrong. maybe when we hear the heart beats.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you have a strong mom who is on your side in all things :) Take the time you need, and I'm sorry the day didn't turn out like you wanted it to. Yes they should have been far more helpful and definitely picked up after themselves instead of acting like it was partytime and have a go at your home. Blessings with everything!

Mel

sara said...

Oh my goodness, what a stressful transfer day! You sounded like you handled it a lot better than I would have. I hope the nausea goes away soon. Isn't it funny how we crave crazy things? I rarely eat red meat, and now I eat it a few times a week, weird. Hope you have an uneventful week, and the reassurance of heartbeats soon! (I worried nonstop til I heard the heartbeat..enough to drive anyone crazy!)

The BABY said...

IN-Laws!!! UGGG!!! I totally sympathize with you. What bad timing on their part. I'm sorry they didn't bring you lunch. I would have if I were there. Hang tough.