Thursday, May 15, 2008

6 weeks tomorrow

tomorrow's the day. we are supposed to be able to hear the heartbeats. i'm very nervous. my husband and i have hardly acknowledged to each other what's happening...he's been holding out until the heartbeats. maybe then it'll be real to him.

meanwhile the nausea continues everyday and for the last three nights i've woken up at crazy hours "starving". i've had to get up and eat b/c there is simply no ignoring it.

i've read that you aren't supposed to gain weight in the first month, but my pants are all too tight. i don't want to keep buying bigger clothes so i think i'm going to check out Chico's this week. i hear all their pants are elastic. i guess for a while i'll just look like i'm getting fat? i want to jump to the stage where i can where cute maternity clothes.

uggh. ok, please keep your fingers crossed for tomorrow.

4 comments:

Meghan said...

The first u/s was so nerve wracking....but I will never forget when my RE's face broke into a smile.

All that hunger and bloat are good signs you'll get that smile too. Chico's is good for their elastic. ALso check out the belly bands. They saved me weeks 8-13, I could still wear all of my regular pants even though they wouldn't zip

C said...

Good luck at the u/s! Sending good thoughts your way!

Denise said...

Good luck at the ultrasound! Hoping for that strong, healthy heartbeat!

I'm only 5 weeks today and already invested in some belly bands last weekend. I think it must just be that the bloat never went away from the IVF. The bands are definitely helpful.

sara said...

Just wanted to wish you the best of luck on your ultrasound today. I was a nervous wreck until doctor high fived me. Not to make you worry, but at my six week ultrasound we didn't see a heartbeat yet, at 7 weeks it was loud and clear! I just ordered a belly band myself. We'll see if I like it, I've heard good things. Can't wait to hear some good news!