Saturday, May 10, 2008

A and B

I had my blood work and ultrasound yesterday. My beta was 11,800 and there were two sacks. -I think that's what the doctor called them...A and B. We won't know for sure however until we hear/see the heartbeats in another week. I can't believe how quickly this is going. Question...do we still tack on the two weeks to my pregnancy even though we know when conception was? I can't find the answer to this. Am I three weeks pregnant since that's when the transfer was or am I five weeks pregnant because they count two weeks before for women who conceive the natural way. Maybe you know what I'm talking about..? It makes a big difference since we have to wait until three months to tell people. It's my understanding that pregnancy is 40 weeks b/c of those two weeks they add on in the beginning.

My husband thinks I'm already gaining weight. I don't think it's baby weight...too soon for that. I'm just eating a lot. He thinks my boobs look bigger too...I think it's wishful thinking on his part. We reduced the progesterone last night but a shot in the bum is a shot regardless. I'm so bruised it looks like someone's beating me.

That's really all. I drink a ginger ale every morning and pop ginger pills when I feel sick...it seems to help. I think the trick is to always have a full stomach but it's hard to eat when you feel sick.

5 comments:

Denise said...

I think the way it works is you tack on two weeks before your retrieval. Generally when you conceive naturally, they start from the first day of your last period. If you were to assume a 28 day cycle, this would be 2 weeks prior to ovulation, which is equivalent to egg retrieval. There are also calculators out there you can use if you just google IVF and due date or something like that.

JewishMama said...

I used the due date calender on IVF.CA. It tell you all the dates you could possibly want in know, including when each trimester starts.

Karma said...

everything will all be worth it when you are staring back at a beautiful baby's face. Hope it all goes well for now.

Best wishes,
Ellie

Soapchick said...

I hope that A and B become 2 beating hearts for you on the scan!

Meghan said...

Yeah for little A and B!!

And yes, you still tack on the 2 weeks, so you're 5 weeks pregnant lady!!

And I'm so sorry the day of your transfer was so crazy!!!