Friday, May 2, 2008

bring on the morning sickness

while giving blood for my pregnancy test yesterday i experienced morning sickness for the first time. i was overcome by queasiness and the nurse noticed and offered me juice. she thought it was from taking my blood, but i never watch the process and i'm a regular at it obviously, and i never had this feeling before. i got home and the nausea continued until about 2:00. until i got the call from my nurse i was praying it was morning sickness. once i got the call i was certain and i couldn't be happier. bring it on! i'm eating crackers right now and trying not to puke. i'm not gonna complain about any of it, i'm just so freaking thankful! oh, and the constipation started several days ago...i wasn't sure if that was a symptom. i can't go. i still have cramping every time i pee too. (tmi?- sorry). i guess i knew i was pregnant but i didn't want to admit it.

could someone please comment on my 540 beta after a 12 day transfer? my nurse says it's likely more than one. i spent the day surfing looking for any indication as to how many it might be. i found that people with twins had between 200-400. Could it be three? I know i've got a long way to go and anything could happen but i'm terrified of three. my husband said that since we had icsi we could actually end up with more than three.

2 comments:

Trying said...

ICSI doesn't affect how many you'll have. ICSI just helps with getting more embryos. If they put back three, you can have 3. The only way you could have more is if one split, which is pretty rare. if that happened, 2 of the kids would be identical. Like I said, it's a very small chance. Most likely you have 2 or 3, not more.

Trying said...

I just saw online that the high end range for a single pregnancy 14 days after conception is around 480 or so. With over 500, I'd say it's probably twins.