Wednesday, June 25, 2008

cramps

I woke up yesterday with cramps on my left side and panicked. I called my doctor expecting to hear that it's normal and not to worry. Instead she said come in immediately. That freaked me out. She did another extremely thorough examine...(could we not do that again please?) and she took lots of pictures. She said everything appears fine and I probably just need to drink more water.

One of the pictures shows a baby sucking it's thumb. Their faces were visible but they still look like little aliens to me. She got another picture of a baby with it's arm up and hand open. She thought it was funny, like the baby was waving at us. One baby is right side up and the other is up side down. She says that's the way twins usually are in the womb.

I asked her if I overacted by calling and she said absolutely not. She's an amazing doctor (though I wish she had smaller hands!). She said anyone with my history should act immediately if they think something is wrong. Oh, and she showed me the third sack. It's empty now, but it's still there.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Sorry about the cramps but glad all is well and you got some cute pics of the babies. And it's great that you have such a responsive doc!

sara said...

I'm so sorry you had that scary experience, but I'm glad you have a good doctor and things are okay.