Thursday, August 7, 2008

warning: not intended for all readers

i warn you...don't read this if you can't handle gross. i know i should just skip this post, but it happened and well, it might explain similar symptoms for someone else.

so for the last few weeks i've felt wet all the time down there. i wasn't sure if i was peeing myself or if it was something else going on. so of course i got on the internet at 3 this morning...that's my new wake up time...i'm up every morning at 3. i should know better than to try to diagnose myself via the internet, but well... i read something and i got freaked out. i decided that the wetness could be amniotic fluid leaking out of me so i called my doctor as soon as they opened. the nurse told me to come in immediately, no point taking any changes.

so the doctor did another very thorough exam...uggh, i should have kept my wet panties to myself. of course she talks to me the whole time. one of these days i'll tell her i don't comprehend anything when her hand is inside me. anyway, she inserts this instrument and proceeds to remove a big blob of disgusting goo. i could have lived without seeing it, but she insisted on showing it to me. apparently i've got an overgrowth of yeast. she said it's absolutely normal for pregnant women to have this and there is nothing to do about it unless it gets infected. she said this is what is causing the wet sensation. puke.

ok, so there's more. she asks to see my finger nails, so i show them to her. i've got long nails for the first time in my life due to the vitamins i assume. she says good...i should use my nail (should i stop here?) to remove the goo every day in the shower.

just another thing they never told me about. what other surprises are on the horizon?

3 comments:

Soapchick said...

Wow, I learned something new too. I never had a clue about that! Hope it goes away soon.

JewishMama said...

I think pregnancy is full of these little surprises that nobody really talks about.
Thanks for your comment. B"H I'm fine, just very stressed out about the pregnancy.

sara said...

I seem to learn something new everyday - and you taught me something new again! Hope it clears up soon..and that there aren't too many surprises in your future :-)