Wednesday, August 13, 2008

heartburn and erotic dreams

it's 4:23 am and i can't sleep. it's the same thing every morning. i wake at some ridiculous hour and can't fall back to sleep. i'm suffering from the worst heartburn right now...likely the mexican food i ate for dinner followed by the slice of pizza at midnite. guess i was asking for it.

when i do sleep, the strangest celebrities appear in my dreams. last nite it was richard dryfes. where the hell did he come from? the nite before...hulk hogan. and chandler from friends...he's a regular. i always thought i was a ross kind of girl. joey, maybe...but chandler- no.

it's my birthday today. i'm ambivalent really...i've got all i could ask for with the babies on the way. tomorrow will be one week since the amnio. just waiting to hear good results (positive thoughts, positive thoughts).

that's really all.

5 comments:

Joy said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day.

Stacie said...

Here via Lost and Found. Just wanted to send you a happy birthday wish, but you're right. Your babies on the way are the best gift ever! Congrats!

Denise said...

Same thing happens to me. I wake up and can't fall back asleep. Sometimes eating a snack helps, but not always. Seems like I just can't get comfortable anymore (and there is still so much longer to go!).

Richard Dryfes, Hulk Hogan and Chandler...hee hee! Isn't it strange how our brains pull up random things?

Hope you had a lovely birthday!

sara said...

Happy Birthday! I too have had the strangest dreams since I've been pregnant. I was telling the one girl who comments sometimes that I even woke up all tangled in the sheets a couple of nights ago - ohh the shame, LOL! I've dreamt of everyone from Memphis on Big Bro.ther TV show, to a guy I work with (who is totally not my type anyways!) I tell my husband and he just rolls his eyes at me - poor guy. Prior to pregnancy I've never had these dreams. Maybe the crazy hormones? But you made me smile with your post, I totally can relate. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for your amnio results. I hope the time flies by so you can get that peace of mind.

Trying said...

Happy birthday!
If seeing Hulk Hogan is an erotic dream for you... he's like 60 years old! lol