Friday, August 1, 2008

ne.il dia.mond tickets

my husband got us ne.il dia.mond tickets for my birthday. i'm so excited. this will be my 4th time to see him. ok, i know some of you are gagging...my co-workers and friend all laugh at me. i love neil so bug off. ok, but here's the issue. i read that at 18 weeks the babies can hear noise and be startled. maybe it's not a good idea? but come on, how crazy and loud can a ne.il dia.mond concert be? i'm embarrassed to ask my doctor, but i'm sure he's heard far dumber questions.

5 comments:

Nicole Brady said...

I went to see Prince with my brother-in-law when I was pregnant. I don't remember how far along, but it was at least 6 months. She loves music and I can't get her to stop dancing and singing. :)

(My BIL is in the Prince fan club and came to see us in LA just to go to Prince's concert. He had super awesome tickets, so I couldn't pass it up. I wouldn't have gone otherwise, but it was an awesome show.)

Unknown said...

I just saw ND in Indianapolis. It was wonderful. It was loud, but it wasn't crazy. I say your baby will have the early advantage of being the youngest ND fan ever!

Rebecca said...

I'm so jealous...my husband would never get me tickets for ND. You could wear a huge buffer on your tummy for the concert, but is it really worth it? Sorry I don't have any better advice...I started thinking about that issue when I would be in the car early in the morning on the way to work with rap/hip-hop blaring on the stereo! Oops!!!

sara said...

Very cool about the tickets! I hope you guys have a great time. I think you are definitely okay to go and have a nice night out. My sister went to several concerts throughout her pregnancies and was okay - if it makes you feel any better. I saw ND once with my parents and husband a few years ago and it was a great time - so definitely go and enjoy :-)

Modern Orthodox IF said...

I don't think it's such a crazy thing to ask the doctor -- I'm sure that will be normal compared to some of the questions he heard! Have fun.