Thursday, April 17, 2008

Retrieval today

So I had my retrieval today. I woke from the procedure in the most excruciating pain. I didn't have pain the first cycle so I was unprepared. I'm still hurting after lying in bed all day. Anyway, I had 15 eggs. I thought there would be more because I had tons of follicles. Still, I'm told 15 is good. I'll find out tomorrow how many fertilized. Last time I had a three day transfer; I'm told a five day transfer is ideal so I'm hoping I go in on Tuesday. Meanwhile, it's been a challenging week. I went in 5 days in a row for blood work and ultrasound. My arms are so bruised they didn't know where to put the iv today. The drive is also killing me...it's 45 minutes typically each way and since I work until late in the evening, it makes for 12-14 hour days. The antibiotics I started this evening are giving me the stinkiest butt too. My poor husband...I guess it could be worse. I know I shouldn't complain- it'll all be worth it hopefully. That's really it. Now I just wait.

1 comment:

Soapchick said...

15 eggs is fabulous! Hope the fert report is stellar as well! Best wishes!