Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Apparently I have OHSS or Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome from the IVF. I read a bunch of scary stuff about it last cycle but didn't have this problem, so I figured I'd be ok this time. It's miserable. I wasn't able to sit at the Passover seder the other night but you are supposed to recline right?, so that's what I did. I also had to unbutton and unzip my pants though I didn't share this with anyone.

My stomach blew up like a basketball...like I became three months pregnant over night. Monday I went to work and also had trouble sitting at my desk. When I went for acupuncture at lunch, cute acupuncturist guy told me to go see my doctor as something wasn't right. They gave me an ultrasound which freaked me out because I didn't think there was supposed to be any activity down there. Then they told me that I have OHSS but it's not really a big deal. They said to go to the ER if I have trouble breathing. Worst case, they said they'd have to drain the fluid that is stuck in my abdomen.

So I went home and put my feet up and my stomach continued to grow. Then last night around 11:00 I was so nauseated that I was pleading for death. I woke up this morning to a slightly smaller stomach. I went to work for a couple hours but was still uncomfortable. My nurse wants me back for another ultrasound tomorrow but I'm going to refuse. If I can't have sex, then how is it safe to stick that thing in me? I'm not taking any chances. Anyway, it's been about 56 hours since my transfer. I'm told they should implant between 48-72 hours after transfer so I'm hoping it happens soon if it hasn't already. That's all.

3 comments:

Bill said...

Ooooh...that's scary. I haven't had any experience with this, but all I can tell you is that I hope the symptoms go away soon. Take care...

C said...

Hoping you feel better soon! ((hugs))

Michele said...

Feel better soon : )