Monday, March 31, 2008

Almost distaster during acupuncture

I've got the Lupron headaches again. They hurt so bad I can't see straight.

Anyway, I went back to acupuncture today and barely avoided what would have been an embarrassing disaster. Maybe it's just me, or maybe I'm nuts, but I pee much more frequently while on all of these meds.

So I arrived at my appointment and went straight to empty my bladder. I was all set for the procedure but as soon as cute acupuncturist guy put the needles in I had the urge to pee again. I didn't say anything...I figured I could lay there 30 minutes, he closed the door and was gone. I can't be sure about time because it felt as if time were standing still. The urge increased and I did everything I could to ignore it. The problem was I couldn't cross my legs because there were needles from my toes to my knees. I couldn't even hold myself like a child (sorry for that image) because there were needles in my arms and hands. Besides, how embarrassing would that have been if he had opened the door and seen that?

So I held out as long as I could until I thought both my head and bladder were going to explode. Finally, I decided I had to do something or I'd wet myself for sure. I had to either figure out how to stand without hurting myself and losing all the needles, or I'd have to call for help. I decided to call for help. Unfortunately the music was playing, the heater was on and the door was closed. Additionally, I forgot the acupuncturist's name....I knew it was either Mike or Mark. So I decided to yell for help instead. I called help about 8 times. I felt absolutely ridiculous. Help...help...HELP.

He finally heard and ran in to ask what was wrong. I told him to remove the needles I was about to leave a puddle on his table. I ignored the socks and just threw on the tennis shoes without tying them which really grosses me out now (imagine how filthy that bathroom floor was)... and I was off to relieve myself. Aside from embarrassment, I was upset that it was all a big waste of time and money since obviously it was not a relaxing experience. He said that I still benefited from the procedure but I think he was just trying to make me feel better. I told him he needs to have an emergency button in the room should this ever happen again to anyone. Uggh, I've got to go back again next week and face him. Obviously I won't drink anything prior to the procedure.

2 comments:

Michele said...

OK so you should not drink anything for several hours before you go see him again ; )

Dagny said...

*snort*

I remember going through something similar when I was laying there, full of needles, and my work pager went off. And same deal..I was trapped!

Anyway, glad you made it in time!