Thursday, July 17, 2008

It's out now


I've come out at work...largely because as you can see, I can't hide it much longer. I'll be 15 weeks on Sunday but I look much further along I think. I gained 6 lbs the first trimester. I'm told that's good for twins.

Anyway, the reactions so far have been really positive. I'm told that there will be those who will be annoyed and feel "duped" because I haven't been on the job long. I won't let anyone diminish my joy though. It's just a job after all. I'm waiting for someone to say something awful so I can tell them how hard it was for us to get to this day and how I thank G-d with every doctor's appointment that their little hearts continue to beat. Bring it on I say and I'll rip your head off.

I was working with my co-workers on a project today and said how excited I was about all the great ideas we were implementing. So one says to me..."we'll be sure to video tape the program for you." I didn't get it at first and then she told me to look at the calendar. The project is in December...if all goes well, I'll be giving birth at that time. Weird...I hadn't thought of it.

So I haven't puked in four days. I know I'm pressing my luck by admitting that. I do freak out about every little thing and how it might affect the babies. They are painting in my building for instance. I stormed out of work the other day because the smell was so bad and I was terrified I'll lose them. Now my husband is sick and I'm scared he'll pass it on to me. And then today, I opened a door at work and my big toe got stuck under it. I ripped the nail off. Yes that hurt like hell. But will I get an infection that will spread to the babies? That's all I think about. I'm just scared all the time.

One last thing...stop by and see trying...proud papa of a baby boy and a baby girl.

5 comments:

Denise said...

Such a beautiful belly!

How did you manage to gain 6 pounds while puking this whole time? I've gained a measly 2.5 pounds (net of the weight I lost at the beginning and then gained back) and I'm paranoid about trying to gain weight now.

Meghan said...

What a great looking belly you've got going! And I'm glad that work was supportive. I've found that most schools generally like (and expect babies). When I came out at work they all asked me what the hell took so long (I'm sure you can imagine how much I appreciated that)

Glad you're starting to feel better...and yes, the constant worry comes with the job ;)

sara said...

I love the belly photo! I hope the puking feeling continues to stay away and that your toe feels better too. My husband was sick yesterday and I kept moving away when he was in the room. Finally he was like, "what's up?" I said I didn't want to get sick and cause more rockiness in the pregnancy. I think worrying is so normal, especially when you've had bumps in the road like you have. Bumps that feel more like the grand canyon.

Sheva said...

I saw your post on my blog and i checked out your blog. As a mother of 2 and 9 loses under my belt i know the fear mixed with joy you are feeling right now. You must be so excited to be having twins i really wanted twins with my last healthy pregnancy. May Hashem give you all that you want and so many Brochas to you for this pregnancy. We are trying again for number 3 and have had 2 loses. The doctors are stumped.

Soapchick said...

your belly is beautiful!